Saturday, October 20, 2007

Paradise

Sunset at our beach

Chris on his beach cruiser


Me on my beach cruiser



View from our room




The happy couple





My view from my lawnchair






Beach babes ( Chris's sunglasses are a joke)







Chris on the Hobie








For my 30th birthday, my cute husband had a big surprise for me. My friend Wendi Bench owns Posh Frippery in Gardner Village and she carries the cutest polka dot luggage. Chris came walking in with some of this luggage as my birthday gift. I was so excited and started looking at all the bags. After a little bit, I notice something in my tote. It was a peice of paper that read, "Pack your new bags. Were going to the Turks and Caicos for one week". Obviously, I was ecstatic. But honestly, I knew he was planning a trip due to my sister-in-law who spilled the beans. It didn't matter. I have been wanting to go to the Turks and Caicos, which is in the Carribean, for a long time.

Unfortunately, two days before we lefted, Naomi came down with a bad cold. As if it wasn't hard enough to leave her for the first time ever. Now, I felt even worse . Luckily, my in laws were watching her and my mom-in-law is a nurse practioner. So, that put my mind at ease a little bit. I still felt guily that I lefted her while she was sick. By the way, she is still sick.

Well, we got there and I was an incredible vacation. It is beautiful over there. Awesome beaches and the color of the water was unbelievable. Literally, all we did was sun on the beach, read our books, and swim. Totally relaxing. Chris did golf and scuba.The place we stayed at was small and secluded. It was perfect. I've been to some nice places in my life, but for some reason this trip was beyond perfect. I told my husband that we needed to come back here in five years and stay in the same room. Making it a tradition.

Needless to say, it was paradise. The perfect birthday gift. Thank you babe. I love you.

7 comments:

Megan said...

So jealous! Looks like you had a great time. We're due for a vacation like that soon-we never go out of town! Welcome back.

Becky said...

Way to go Chris!! Glad you two had fun...looks like I need to go there on a second honeymoon :)

Kendy said...

OH my gosh, It's so pretty there. I'm so glad you two got to take a trip and experience a break from life! Jeremy can't stop talking about where we'll go next.

Kendy

Kelsey said...

Lu! I'm so glad you guys had fun. I wish I was there right now! Hallie and I have had the flu for almost a week now...and now we both have ear infections. No buens! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and see more pics. I'll call you when we are better. Hope Nomers is feeling better :)

Anne said...

I'm glad you had fun, but I'm glad I was here because I got to see lots of Naomi. She is SO smart! Seriously, she is a genius. As for my 30th, Evan has a lot to live up to now. He has 2 years, though. Maybe you guys can help him see the light when the time comes.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

NO! I can't know what the view from your stupid lawn chair looked like!!! OR that all you did was sun, beach, and read. I am so jealous right now. And I see your fab tan!!

But I am sooooo happy for you two. What a fun vaca! I think that trip beats out Jordans and my Disneyland trip!!

Chris- I think those glasses are stylin' and I hope you wore them all week!

P.S. I love the new blog look.

Adam said...

Something like this should not be posted where it is accessible to my wife. . . .