Saturday, March 1, 2008

recipe club






Finally, we had our recipe club night. Everyone is so busy right now that instead of every month we're doing it about every few months. I hosted this night and chose a Martha Stewart theme. We all had to bring a dish from a Martha recipe. Cassie brought a spinach cheese dip for appetizer. Becky brought a greek salad. Marie brought a potato and tomato dish. Sabrena made asparagus. Becca made a four cheese pasta with prosciutto. And I made "surprise" cookies. Everything was so good and Sabrena came over and set the table with all her pieces. It was definitely our nicest recipe night. If anyone knows me they know I don't cook. But, I find myself having the itch to cook after we have these recipe nights. Since I made cookies I tried another cookie recipe the next night for Chris and his friends. And now I want to make vanilla cupcakes tomorrow. I guess it's good but I should probably lay off the baking and start cooking. Anyhoo, it's so fun getting together with everyone. I look forward to the next recipe club night.
Sabrena's husband, Danny, came over and Chris and him were playing Wii tennis while we mingled. As you can, see Naomi became interested in playing and actually hit a few balls on her own. It was so cute and she loved the attention she was getting. Then, Chris and I played Sabrena and Danny in tennis and whooped their behinds!



7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Fun fun Lu! We love the Wii...tennis is def my fave. Look at you, you little baker!
Let's do dinner sometime this month. Go out, not make of course :)

Megan said...

Looks fun! You guys are all so stylish and cute.

Anne said...

Wow. I can't believe Naomi can play the Wii. I knew she was a genius! :)

Tammie said...

Hey Alyssa. I just found your site on Annie's blog and was excited to check it out. Your blog is DARLING!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

you should be really proud of "whooping" us... seeing as how we do not have a wii; and that was my first time ever...

Danny and I are challenging you and Chris to REAL LIVE tennis in the summer (once we have practiced enough that we are positive we can beat you!!!) ;)

WIKKY said...

Looks like so much fun. This is Whitney Hammer by the way. That is so cool that you guys all stay in such close contact. I just ran in to Becca the other day. Seems like you guys are all such great friends to eachother. That is awesome! Enjoy the rest of your March!

Laura said...

What a fun time! You all look beautiful. The dinner looked delicious!!!

Naomi is darling... it was fun to find your blog.