Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nomi turns 2!!

Just a few hours old. Seems so long ago.
Now she's two! I can't believe it.

Opening her presents.

Attempting to blow out her candles.

She couldn't wait one more second to taste her cake.


Checking out her new Diego camera while sitting on her new princess chair.

I told her she had to smile is she wanted me to push her around. This has now become my stroller if I want to walk around the neighborhood.


Two years ago, on August 6th, Naomi E. Jacobsen came to us. I was four days over due and had my induction scheduled for the next day. But, thankfully, Naomi decided to come on her own. I was hoping to go into labor on my own so I was pleased. My contractions woke me up around 6:30 that morning but soon went away so I fell back to sleep. At about 10:30, while we were getting ready to go to church, they started back up again. Honestly, I just thought I was constipated. Gross, I know. Anyway, I still got ready for church because I had to teach my Sunday school class that day. During sacrament my contractions got worse by the minute. So, I told Chris I needed to go home and he needed to teach my class for me. I went home and just layed on the couch getting closer and closer to crying because it was becoming a bit more painful. By the time Chris got home from church I was in tears. Now it's about 4:30 and I'm thinking we should go to the hospital. Honestly, the drive to the hospital was almost unbearable. I was accusing Chris of driving too slow and then too fast. I kept telling him to avoid bumps because it was killing me. Finally, we get there and I couldn't get to the elevator fast enough. Of course, the damn thing was at the highest floor so it took FOREVER to get down. At this point, I can't even stand up so I'm squatting down looking crazy to all around. We get to the maternity floor and within a half an hour I'm admitted with epidural in. Phew! From then on things went great. After nine pushes, out came Naomi. She was 8 lbs. and 3 oz. She was so pretty with her dark hair and big eyes. What a kick in the pants but she's the greatest experience I've ever had.

Now she's two years old and Chris and I are amazed how fast time goes. We decided to go to Raging Waters for her b-day with my sisters and their kids. That place is a little ghetto but really fun! Unfortunately, Naomi became sick right as we got there so she was not interested in playing in the water. But, we got a few water slides in and that was fun! Super scary but fun. Later on that evening we had a b-day party for her with my family where she received lot's of Diego toys. Did I mention she's obsessed with Diego right now. Completely obsessed. Anyway, she didn't really eat today because she didn't feel well but as soon as she saw her cake she was all over it. I was a little bitter that it was a princess cake because I went to get a Tigger and Pooh cake but Maggie Moo's was out of Tigger. She didn't really seem to care what was on the cake. She just wanted to eat it! Thank you to everyone who gave Naomi a gift. She loves all of them.








8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yay! I'm glad she felt better for her party...or her cake :)
I loved reading her "story". She was such a beautiful baby and now she's a beautiful big girl! I can't believe she is 2 Lu. That is just crazy. I'm glad she liked the Diego stuff. Happy BDAY Nomers!
Are you coming to the playdate tomorrow?

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Namomi!! I loved reading your labor story- you make it sound pretty easy! Looks like you had a fun day despite the sick birthday girl!

Anne said...

I love the blowing out the candles shot. Also, you're looking pretty hot yourself, Lys.
Where did you get that sweet floaty toy?
Cameron is SO excited to give her the gift we got. Don't worry, it's a giant Tigger and Pooh coloring book, so her birthday will have them in it somehow.
Give Naomi a hug for us!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Happy Bday Cute "Nomi" as Lucy says. I loved reading your story. I don't ever remember hearing it.

P.S. why are you hiding your hot bod behind that floaty toy?!

Shy Little Violets said...

I love to hear birth stories, each one is nothing short of a miracle. Yeah for your little two year old. She is beautiful!

swensen squeeze said...

love the labor story! Happy Birthday Naomi!

Nat said...

i can't believe you swore.

Megan said...

Happy birthday Naomi! I remember the drive to the hospital in labor....I wanted to kill Mark! The bumps were agony.....anyhoo, that's so funny she's into Diego because Wells LOVES Dora. I keep thinking he will like Diego because he's a BOY, but oh well. I sing Dora songs all day in my head. It's really annoying.