Sunday, August 3, 2008

Island Park

Big Springs.

Naomi is trying on dad's riding boots.

Chris jumping off the bridge.

This is how it ended.

This is how it started.

This is the boat deck in front of the cabin.


Feeding the fish at Big Springs. There were about two fish and two thousand seagulls.

Naomi telling me no with her lovely helmet on.

Grandma reading to Nomi.

Naomi was named after her great grandmother. So, of course I had to take a pic with Naomi under the cabin's sign. And, proof that Chris was on the phone ALOT!!

I can't believe I got a smile when I asked for one.
Every year my family goes to Island Park to my mom's side of the family's cabin. It sits on the Snake River and is about twenty minutes away from West Yellowstone. Pretty much we ride the four wheelers, fish, float down the river and go to West Yellowstone. Naomi LOVED riding on the four wheelers. I think she rode about twenty times a day. If she ever heard one starting up she would run outside and say "I go, I go". Despite the closure on our side of the river due to a grizzly and her cub a few cabins away we still rode up in the woods behind the cabin. We always go to West to shop and go to the play mill. What that means is we go up and load up on homemade taffy and caramels and go to the play mill. Last year Naomi lasted about twenty minutes into the play. But this year she stayed the whole time. I'm guessing it's the constant candy and treats we were giving her to stay content. She probably has ten cavities!
I don't thing Naomi went to bed before 10:30 each night. She ate lot's of treats. Went on a lot of four wheeling rides and even got in the freezing water. BTW, when everyone was jumping off the bridge she wanted to jump too. I had to keep her from going up there. I kept telling her that it wasn't like jumping off the diving board in the swimming pool.
All in all, we had a great time. Now we can look forward to her birthday!!














6 comments:

Kelsey said...

cute pics! I love her hair in a pony. She will be 2 in 2 days! Crazy.

Anne said...

Her asked for smile is so cute...I love the cheesy grin! I also love the picture of her by a tree. She really is beautiful. That picture of Chris jumping off the bridge is so awesome. You caught him at the perfect time.
Anytime you want to come to STG, we're ready for a visit!

swensen squeeze said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer! Love the picture of her little bum bum!

the dutson five said...

She is such a cutie! Looks like so much fun!

Shy Little Violets said...

We love Island Park, our family goes up there from time to time with our trailers. Such beautiful country. Wish we had a luxurious cabin to stay in though, looks great!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

ALys-
The trip sounds great and she's cute as ever. Can't wait to see you sooner than later.
Suite